Become a member
The Centre of Excellence in Smart Construction (CESC) is seeking industry partners to transform the future of construction, and drive research and innovation in the sector.
The partnership will be shared ownership between industry and academia with the goal of overcoming the challenges facing the construction sector and preparing the next generation of construction professionals, with the skills and knowledge to make a step change. Sharing information, skills and knowledge is key to advancing industry adoption of innovative solutions to these challenges.
Industry-academia partnerships succeed when both parties have a shared goal. CESC is committed to undertaking industry-relevant research, knowledge transfer, and stakeholder engagement that shapes the future of the industry. CESC will partner with like-minded organisations to lead the transformation of the construction industry, and benefit the economy and community.
As partner, an annual partnership fee will help to offset the cost of knowledge transfer and engagement activities and will initiate research collaboration with global multi-disciplinary research teams at Heriot-Watt University (Dubai, UK and Malaysia).
- Joint research planning workshop to set research themes specific to your organisation
- Bi-annual construction sector research bulletin in collaboration with CESC partners
- Seat at high-profile bi-annual round tables with agenda set jointly with industry partners
- Two delegate seats at CESC high-profile annual conference (and bronze sponsor status)
- Hackathon/Deep Dive event with students to address a company challenge
- Discounts on our range of professional development and executive training courses
- Discounts on our Engineering Doctorate, PhD, and Masters programmes
- Promotion on CESC website
- Branding/acknowledgement on CESC publications, events, newsletters
- Invitation to all relevant networking events